Town Branch Bourbon Chocolate Crackle Cookies
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
8 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
3 tablespoons Town Branch Bourbon
2 large eggs, room temperature
1/3 cup granulated sugar (and extra for coating cookies)
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt until well combined. Set aside.
- Combine the dark chocolate, butter and bourbon in a medium bowl over a pot of simmering water. Gently melt the chocolate and butter, stirring frequently. Remove the bowl from the simmering water.
- Whisk together the eggs and sugar on high for about 5 minutes. By hand, gently stir in the melted chocolate mixture until combined.
- Stir in the flour mixture by hand until just combined. Cover and refrigerate until firm (1-2 hours).
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Line baking pans with parchment paper.
- Pour the granulated sugar and confectioners sugar into two separate bowls. Form the chocolate dough into 1 inch balls. Roll the balls first in granulated sugar, then confectioners sugar. Place on baking sheets spaced about 1 inch apart.
- Bake for 8 minutes then rotate cookie sheets and bake for another 6-8 minutes. Cookies should still be slightly firm on the edges and soft in the centers. Do not over bake.