- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place whole un-peeled bananas on sheet tray and roast for 20 minutes,remove and allow to cool. Peel and puree in food processor with lemonjuice until smooth. Remove from processor, cover with plastic wrap andplace in refrigerator.
- In a large mixing bowl combine 1 cup sugar, egg yolks and corn starch.Whisk throughly until smooth.
- Place half-n-half, salt and 2 cups sugar in a medium size pot place onstove over medium heat until almost boiling. Remove from heat.
- Ladle small amounts of the heated liquid into the egg yolk mixture whilestirring continuously, continue until all egg yolk mixture has beenblended with the heated cream.
- Place mixture back into a medium size pot and return to the stove onhigh heat. Allow mixture to cook and thicken while whisking continuously,about 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Whisk in bourbon, butter and the reserved banana puree.
- Place banana pudding in a clean container, cover with plastic wrap andstore in refrigerator and allow to cool and set for at least 6 hours. Can be