Alltech Kentucky Experience Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW OR REGULATIONS. The odds of being selected depend on the number of entries received. BY PARTICIPATING, YOU AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WHICH ARE A CONTRACT.
- SPONSOR: The Alltech Kentucky Experience Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by Alltech, Inc., 3031 Catnip Hill Road, Nicholasville, Kentucky 40356 (“Sponsor”). The Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter.
- ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS: The Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the 50 United States (excluding Alabama and Mississippi) or District of Columbia who are at least 21 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees, representatives, and agents of Alltech, Inc., any Alltech, Inc. direct or indirect subsidiary, or any sister company, including residents at the same address as any such person, or dependents of any such person, are not eligible to enter or win. Employees, representatives, and agents of any manufacturer, supplier, wholesaler, distributor, or retailer of alcoholic beverages, including residents at the same address as any such person, or dependents of any such person, are not eligible to enter or win.
- ENTRY PERIODS: The “Sweepstakes Period” is as follows: The Sweepstakes begins on April 1, 201 at 8:00:01 A.M. Eastern Standard Time and ends on May 6, 2018 at 11:59:59 P.M. Eastern Standard Time. The Sponsor’s computer will be the official time-keeping device.
All Entries become the property of Sponsor. Entrants are responsible for notifying the Sponsor in writing if the entrant’s contact information changes. Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes each entrant’s express written consent to Sponsor for purposes of contacting such entrant in the event such entrant is a potential winner. In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an Entry, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to deem the Entry to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address or social media account submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the person who is assigned an email address by an internet provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institute, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address or the natural person in whose name Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram has registered the account. An entrant may be required to provide proof (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification) that he/she is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the Entry in question.
Sponsor reserves the right to verify eligibility of any potential winner. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify in its sole discretion anyone suspected of entering the Sweepstakes more than permitted. Entries will be rejected if: (a) entry form is not fully completed (including uploading your Photo) and submitted during the Sweepstakes Period; or (b) if Entry does not conform to the specific requirements listed below. Without limitation, the Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, misdirected, delayed, incomplete, or incompatible Entries.
BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, THE ENTRANT AGREES THAT THE ENTRY MEETS THE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS AND COMPLIES WITH ALL CONDITIONS STATED IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES. THE SPONSOR WILL BEAR NO LEGAL LIABILITY, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, REGARDING THE USE OF THE ENTRY BY THE SPONSOR AND THE SPONSOR SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY AN ENTRANT IN THE EVENT IT IS SUBSEQUENTLY DISCOVERED THAT THE ENTRANT HAS DEPARTED FROM OR NOT FULLY COMPLIED WITH ANY OF THE RULES.
- photo SUBMISSION GUIDELINES: by participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant warrants and represents that his/her Photo meets the following submission guidelines:
- i. is the entrant’s original idea and that the entrant has all necessary rights (including, without limitation, consent of the photographer) in and to the Photo to enter the Sweepstakes;
- ii. does not violate any federal, state, or local laws, statutes, ordinances or regulations;
- iii. does not contain any reference to or likeness of any identifiable third parties, unless consent has been obtained from all such individuals (note: if you cannot obtain the consent of an individual appearing in your Photo, then do not submit the Photo) and does not contain photos of any individuals under the age of 21;
- iv. will not give rise to any claims of infringement, invasion of privacy or publicity, or infringe on any rights and/or interests of any third party, or give rise to any claims for payment whatsoever; and
- v. does not contain material which is (or promotes activities which are) defamatory, sexually explicit, obscene, pornographic, violent, self-mutilating (e.g. relating to murder, the sales of weapons, cruelty, abuse, etc.), discriminatory (based on race, sex, religion, natural origin, physical disability, sexual orientation or age); illegal (e.g., underage drinking, substance abuse, computer hacking, etc.), offensive, threatening, profane or harassing, all as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion;
- vi. does not include mention or performance of any copyrighted media production including but not limited to music, films, books, television programming, etc., or identifying descriptions of any media property;
vii. does not include material that violates or infringes another's rights, including but not limited to material that violates privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, (e.g. personal information of individuals, including without limitation, names and addresses (physical or e-mail), unless you have the permission of the applicable individual)) or that constitutes copyright infringement. Without limiting the foregoing, the Photo must not include third party trademarks, logos, insignia, location signage, photographs, artwork, or sculptures;
Sponsor reserves the absolute right in its sole discretion to disqualify any Entry that it believes violates any of the Photo requirements, does not otherwise comply with these Official Rules, or that is not consistent with the spirit and Theme of the Sweepstakes. At any point during the Sweepstakes Period, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to edit or modify any Photo, or to request an entrant to modify or edit his or her Photo, in order to ensure that the Photo complies with these Official Rules, or for any other reason. For greater certainty, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, edit or remove any Entry, or to request an entrant to modify or edit his or her Entry, if a complaint is received with respect to the Entry, or for any other reason.
- LICENSE. By entering the Sweepstakes and submitting a Photo, each entrant: (i) grants to the Sponsor, a perpetual, world-wide, irrevocable, assignable, fully-paid, royalty-free, sub-licensable and transferable, non-exclusive license to publish, display, comment on, exhibit, reproduce, modify, edit or otherwise use the Entry, in whole or in part, for advertising or promoting the Sweepstakes or for any other reason; (ii) waives any and all moral rights in and to his/her Photo with respect to any use by the Sponsor.
- REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES OF ENTRANT: By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant warrants and represents that he or she is a legal resident of the 50 United States (excluding Alabama and Mississippi) or District of Columbia, at least 21 years old at the time of entry, and not employed by Sponsor, its subsidiaries or sister companies, or any manufacturer, supplier, wholesaler, distributor, or retailer of alcoholic beverages.
- SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION OF POTENTIAL WINNER: After the conclusion of the Sweepstakes Period, on or about May 7, 2018 (the “Draw Date”), Sponsor will select, in a random drawing, one (1) potential winner of the prize described below in Section 12 of these Rules, from all eligible entries. Potential winner does not have to be present to win. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received. Potential winner will be contacted by Sponsor or its designated representative via telephone, text message, and/or email within three business days of the Draw Date. Federal and state laws and regulations apply. If the selected winner: (i) cannot be contacted by phone or email within five business days ofMay 10, 2018; (ii) there is a return of any notification as undeliverable; (iii) fails to return the properly executed agreement prepared by Sponsor within the specified time; (iv) cannot accept (or is unwilling to accept) the prize (as awarded) for any reason; (v) is determined to be in violation of these Official Rules (all as determined by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion); then he or she will forfeit their opportunity to be the winner and the Sponsor reserves the absolute right and discretion to select an alternate potential winner should a selected winner forfeit the prize, fail to claim the prize, or be disqualified. Sponsor’s decisions on eligibility and awarding of prize(s) are final and binding. Sponsor will not be liable for any potential prize winning notification that is lost, intercepted or not received by any potential Winner for any reason.
Potential winner may be required to submit positive identification specified by Sponsor and may be required to sign and complete (except where prohibited by law) an Affidavit of Eligibility and Acceptance and Release of Liability and Publicity Release (“Affidavit and Release”) to use his or her name and photograph for promotional purposes without further compensation in order to accept the prize and confirm his or her eligibility. Potential winner’s travel guest must sign (except where prohibited by law) a Travel Companion Form and Release of Liability and Publicity Release (“Travel Companion Release”) to use his or her photograph for promotional purposes without further compensation in order for potential winner to accept the prize. By accepting the prize, the potential winner agrees, except where prohibited by law, that: i) they have complied with these Rules; ii) they acknowledge acceptance of the prize (as awarded); iii) Sponsor shall have the right to use his/her photograph or other likeness, farm name, and depiction in the Photo, without further notice or compensation, in any publicity or advertisement carried out by the Sponsor in any manner whatsoever, including print, broadcast or the internet; iv) they agree to the publication, reproduction and/or other use of his/her name, address, voice, statements about the Sweepstakes and/or photograph or other likeness without further notice or compensation, in any publicity or advertisement carried out by or on behalf of the Sponsor in any manner or medium whatsoever, including print, broadcast or the internet; v) they release Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and the Sponsor and each of their respective owner(s), officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns from any and all liability in connection with this Sweepstakes, his/her participation therein and/or the awarding and use/misuse of the prize or any portion thereof.
Federal and state laws and regulations apply. Sponsor reserves the right to verify eligibility. The Sponsor reserves the absolute right and discretion to select an alternate potential winner should the selected winner forfeit the prize, fail to claim the prize, or be disqualified as ineligible. Sponsor’s decisions on eligibility and awarding of prize are final and binding. Failure to comply with any requirement shall constitute forfeiture of the prize.
- PRIZE. All federal, state, and local taxes (including income taxes), fees and charges relating to the use and acceptance of the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. Winner cannot assign or transfer the prize to another person. No substitution or cash equivalent for prize except at the discretion of Sponsor. Any depiction of prize is for illustrative purposes only.
- a) The prize (“Prize”) is a trip for one selected winner and one guest to travel to Lexington, Kentucky for two nights (ARV $3,675) on October 11-14, 2018. The Prize includes:
- i. round-trip coach class air transportation for selected winner and one guest from a major airport near the selected winner’s residence, (additional costs including, but not limited to, seat assignments and baggage fees, are the responsibility of potential winner)(ARV $2,000.00);
- ii. one double occupancy standard hotel room for three nights for selected winner and one guest (ARV $1,000.00);
- iii. admission costs for selected winner and one guest to attend a fall live horse racing event in Lexington, Kentucky (ARV $50.00);
- iv. admission costs for selected winner and one guest to tour Town Branch Distillery in Lexington, Kentucky ($125.00);
- v. Two $100.00 gift certificates (ARV $200.00) to two restaurants in Lexington, Kentucky.
- vi. One $300.00 VISA gift card (ARV $300.00).
Scheduling and payment for travel, hotel, and tour will be handled by Alltech, Inc.’s Corporate Travel Department. All travel must begin/end with the same major airport. Airline and hotel selected at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. All other expenses not listed above are the responsibility of selected winner and/or guest, including, but not limited to, ground transportation, meals, telephone/internet, mini-bar, room-service charges, laundry, alcohol, incidentals, and gratuities. Any penalties associated with changes made to any reservation following confirmation of booking will be the responsibility of the selected winner. All federal, state, and local taxes (including income taxes), fees and charges relating to the use and acceptance of the Prize are the sole responsibility of the selected winner. No substitution, transfer, or cash equivalent for Prize. Prize is offered only on an “if used” basis. Sponsor will not reschedule or rebook travel in the event the selected winner and/or guest are unable to attend trip for any reason. Sponsor is not responsible if selected winner changes his/her mind about which guest or any guest he/she wishes to accompany him/her on trip. Sponsor is not responsible for lost baggage and/or delays in travel.
- RELEASE AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to indemnify, release and hold harmless Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and the Sponsor, their related companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, administrator, advertising and promotional agencies, and all of their respective owner(s), officers, directors, employees, contractors and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any liability, damage, losses, injury, or claim or cause of action arising out of the creation, administration, fulfillment, or participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical errors related to mobile device(s), computers, servers, providers, telephone or network lines, or any interrupted or unavailable network server or other connections or communications; (c) any errors, omissions, interruptions or deletions of any kind due to electronic, human, mechanical, printing, production or technical errors or other causes; (d) lost, late, misdirected, unintelligible or undeliverable entries; (e) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (f) injury, death or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from such entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of the prize; or (g) any damage to any computer system resulting from access to or the download of information or materials connected with the Sweepstakes. Each entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
- DISCLAIMERS OF WARRANTY: Sponsor and its affiliate and subsidiary companies do not make any warranties, express or implied, as to the condition, fitness or merchantability of the prize(s).
- GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS: The Sponsor reserves the right to withdraw, amend or suspend this Sweepstakes (or to amend these Official Rules) in any way, in the event of any cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor that interferes with the proper conduct of this Sweepstakes as contemplated by these Official Rules, including, without limitation, any error, technical problem, computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or technical failure. The Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, amend or suspend this Sweepstakes, or to amend these Official Rules, in any way without prior notice or obligation, in the event of any accident, printing, administrative, or other error of any kind, or for any other reason whatsoever.
The Sponsor reserves the right to adjust any of the dates, timeframes and/or other Sweepstakes mechanics stipulated in these Official Rules, to the extent necessary, for purposes of verifying compliance by any entrant or Entry with these Official Rules, or as a result of any technical or other problems, or in light of any other circumstances which, in the opinion of the Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, affect the proper administration of the Sweepstakes as contemplated in these Rules, or for any other reason.
In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these Official Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Sweepstakes-related materials, the terms and conditions of these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by a Commonwealth of Kentucky state or federal court. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Kentucky, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules that would result in the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Commonwealth of Kentucky.
- SEVERABILITY: The unenforceability of any clause of the Official Rules will not impact the enforceability of all other provisions of the Official Rules.
- OFFICIAL RULES AND SWEEPSTAKES RESULTS: A copy of these Official Rules and/or list of winner(s) may be obtained by sending a written request to Alltech, Inc., Attn: Alltech Kentucky Experience Sweepstakes, 3031 Catnip Hill Road, Nicholasville, Kentucky 40356.